Why Should Companies Focus On Outsourcing DevOps?
DevOps supports consistent coordination between teams in the software development process, and has emerged as the most popular practice to shorten feedback loops and deliver software products continuously. Outsourcing DevOps will help you access the right talent. Outsourcing DevOps helps automation of software development.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a strategic approach that combines development and IT operations to speed up software development process. DevOps developers and operations teams work together in a well-coordinated system to ensure quality software products. As software development projects face many roadblocks in its lifecycle, DevOps can help stay committed to the process and circumvent difficulties to deliver products with expected functionality.
DevOps is a part of the software development cycle; it helps software developers be agile with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Consistent improvements through CI/CD helps deliver top-notch applications with optimized features.
What is DevOps outsourcing?
When there’s a lack of talent in-house, or you cannot afford a full-time DevOps resource, it is best to transfer the existing infra to the cloud and let experts access it to implement required changes. You may even ask engineers to set up a process from scratch if your existing practices have failed to deliver expected results. The practice is also termed DevOps as a Service (DaaS). It will improve scalability, performance, and business value for your firm.
What does DevOps outsourcing cover?
Outsourcing DevOps, helps different teams interact closely and build quality software products that deliver customer satisfaction. Here’s how the process flows:
- Increased automation of software development process:
• Go to production alert
• Prioritize it
• Look for a knowledge base/expert
• Create ticket
• Apply fix
• Resolve ticket
- Cloud services
• Enables automated testing in a simulated environment, removing the need for machine tests reducing human errors.
- Security audit and infrastructure
• A chief security officer can assist in integrating security into the DevOps environment.
- Delivery pipeline and continuous integration.
Benefits of DevOps outsourcing
DevOps engineers can help shorten the development cycles. Shorter cycles, followed by feedback, reduce programming errors. You can build a more productive team by introducing DevOps culture in your firm. Here are a few benefits of outsourcing the process:
• Finding DevOps engineers is a strenuous process. It can take months to hire a reliable resource, until then your software development cycle may lag. Outsourcing DevOps will help you access the right talent instantly.
• Outsourcing firms have experienced professionals who can speed up your development cycle.
• The experts have relevant certifications already in place. You do not have to spend money on their training. All they need is knowledge transfer about your project.
• With experience, they develop several tried and tested approaches to amp-up your development process.
As companies want to grow into mature businesses, they may have a rigorous training process for new hires. But outsourcing to experts can make the entire process of delivery faster with better results.